From 19 December 2020 till 31 December 2021 the quarantine has been established on the territory of Ukraine in each of the regions to prevent the spread of acute respiratory disease Covid-19 caused by coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.
Depending on the epidemic situation on the territory of Ukraine as a whole or on the territory of its regions, a “green”, “yellow”, “orange” or “red” level of epidemic danger of Covid-19 spread are established which introduce appropriate anti-epidemic measures.
As of 1 October 2021, a “yellow” level of epidemic danger of Covid-19 spread has been established in 23 regions of Ukraine. Chernivtsi region of the country has been moved to “orange” zone.
Levels of epidemic danger
In the regions where the “green” level of epidemic danger is established, it is prohibited:
- crossing the state border by foreigners without anexisting insurance policy that covers the costs of Covid-19 treatment and observation valid for the period of stay in Ukraine, as well as without anegative result of Covid-19 test (polymerase chain reaction test or SARS-CoV-2 antigen test) taken not more than 72 hours before crossing the state border, or a document confirming full vaccination from Covid-19, or Covid-certificate(exceptions:
- foreigners permanently residing in Ukraine;
- employees of diplomatic missions and consular posts of foreign states, representations of official international missions, organizations accredited in Ukraine, and members of their families;
- drivers and crew members of commercial vehicles, and buses carrying out regular, irregular and shuttle transportation;
- crew members of sea and river vessels;
- members of train and locomotive crews;
- military personnel (units) of the armed forces of NATO member states involved in the training of units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine;
- persons recognized as refugees or persons in need of additional protection);
- foreigners under the age of 12 (they only need an existing insurance policy);
- crossing by foreigners of checkpoints of entry to/exit from the temporarily occupied territories in Donetsk and Luhansk regions, the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol without an existing insurance policy covering the costs of Covid-19 treatment valid for the period of stay in Ukraine (exceptions: foreigners permanently residing in Ukraine, employees of representations of official international missions, and organizations accredited in Ukraine);
- being on the streets without identity documents;
- staying in public buildings and facilities, and public transport without wearing personal protective equipment, including respirators or protective masks that cover nose and mouth (except for sitting at a table in food establishments for eating and drinking);
- carriage of the number of passengers in passenger transport in excess of the number of seats;
- holding mass (cultural, sports, entertainment, social, religious, advertising, scientific, educational, professional thematic and other) events without personal protective equipment, including respirators or protective masks that cover nose and mouth worn by all participants and organizers of the event (exception: if all participants and organizers of the event have a document confirming vaccination from Covid-19 or Covid-certificate);
- unauthorized leaving of places of self-isolation, observation.
In the regions where the “yellow” level of epidemic danger is established, it is additionally prohibited:
- work of accommodation facilities (exceptions: hotels, sanatoriums, institutions and facilities that provide social services, including for people with disabilities, as well as children’s health and recreation facilities);
- seating more than 4 adults at one table at catering facilities and when the distance between the tables is less than 1.5 meters (excluding children under 18 years of age);
- holding mass (cultural, sports, entertainment, social, religious, advertising, scientific, educational, professional thematic and other) events with the participation of more than one person on 4 square meters of building or territory (if the event is held outdoors) or if more than two thirds of the seats are taken (exception: measures necessary to ensure the work of state and local authorities, official sports events and matches of team games and sports by professional sports clubs if not more than two thirds of seats are taken, provided that the participants of such events comply with appropriate sanitary and anti-epidemic measures; also this restriction does not apply if all participants and organizers of the event have a document confirming vaccination from Covid-19 or Covid-certificate);
- visiting educational institutions by its students, when more than 50% of students and staff are in self isolation due to contact with a patient with a confirmed case of Covid-19, or when less than 80% of the employees of this institution are vaccinated form Covid-19 (have a document confirming receipt of a full course of vaccination or Covid-certificate);
- holding mass events in educational institutions with the participation of students from more than one group (class) and in the presence of visitors;
- visits by unauthorized persons to social security institutions in which certain categories of citizens are located (elderly people, war veterans, persons with disabilities, mental disorders, etc.);
- visiting places of temporary detention, places of temporary stay of foreigners and stateless persons, as well as refugees centres;
- work of cinemas and cultural institutions if more than 50% seats (in a checkerboard pattern) or more than two thirds seats (with one empty row after two filled rows) taken;
- work of gyms and fitness centres, if there is more than one person per 10 square meters which are not able to limit the number of visitors to 1 person per 10 square meters of total area (not more than 4 people on one track for individual lessons).
The “orange” level of epidemic danger is a precautionary level which indicates the complication of the epidemic situation in the region, that may lead to the introduction of increased restrictive anti-epidemic measures.
In the regions where the “orange” level of epidemic danger is established, the restrictive anti-epidemic measures are the same as in the “yellow” level regions.
In the regions where the “red” level of epidemic danger is established, it is additionally prohibited:
- staying without wearing personal protective equipment, including respirators or protective masks that cover nose and mouth, in the territories of health care and education institutions, in underground passages, at public transport stops, in other public areas if it is not possible to observe physical distance not less than 1 meter;
- work of accommodation facilities;
- work of catering facilities (exceptions: delivery and takeaway orders, facilities at airports, facilities in hotels);
- operation of shopping and entertainment centres, other entertainment establishments (exceptions: trade in food products, medicines, hygiene products, household chemicals, communications, financial and postal services);
- regular and irregular transportation of passengers by road, rail and by cable cars (exceptions: transit transport, transportation by car no more than five people excluding children, transportation of passengers by road in international traffic if they have a negative result of COVID-19 test, taken not more than 72 hours before the day of travel);
- carrying out planned hospitalization measures (exceptions: palliative care, assistance to women in labour, new-borns, assistance during childbirth, treatment of cancer patients, highly specialized and emergency medical care);
- operation of markets other than food markets;
- work of cultural institutions and carrying out cultural events (exceptions: work of car cinemas, historical and cultural reserves, production of audiovisual works, including film and video shooting);
- work of gyms, fitness centres, swimming pools (exception for athletes of national teams of Ukraine and their coaches);
- carrying out of all mass (entertainment, sports, social, advertising and other) events (exceptions: official sports events and matches of team games and sports by professional sports clubs without spectators);
- visits to educational institutions by its students, when less than 100% of the employees of this institution are vaccinated form Covid-19 (have a document confirming receipt of a full course of vaccination or Covid-certificate).
Additional information on the restrictions introduced by the Government of Ukraine, as well as the requirements for self-isolation, is outlined in the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 1236 of 9 December 2020 * “On the establishment of quarantine and the introduction of restrictive anti-epidemic measures in order to prevent the spread of acute respiratory disease Covid-19 in Ukraine caused by the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2”.
Issues related to the use of Covid-certificates, in particular to restrictions on their validity, are regulated by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 677 of 29 June 2021 * “Some issues of formation and use of a certificate confirming vaccination against acute respiratory disease COVID-19 caused by the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, negative result of testing or recovery of the person from the specified illness”.
* Automatic Google-translation into English